Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Badass Beards!






For the past few weeks I have been doing something I have never done in my life...grow a beard. For some reason, I could never get passed day 3 of itchy facial hair, so went my 26 years of life without a beard. The weird thing is that everyone in the Pallen family has beards. My grandpa had a beard. My dad too. My uncles all have facial hair. Even my younger brother sports a mean beard. But never me.

But 2009 started off different. In preparation for the 2009 Ice Fishing Jamboree held in Mountain, Wisconsin, I decided to let my hairs grow and fill in my face with my first beard.

I have to admit, I have only been growing it for a few weeks and I am ready to shave it off. So that got me thinking...how can people grow those huge beards? It's not for me, but check out the pictures above of me and some other people with some crazy beards.

Picture 1- me after 3 weeks
Picture 2- my brother
Picture 3- William Fitzsimmons (indie musician)
Picture 4- Joaquin Phoenix (actor turned rapper)
Picture 5- Jamey Johnson (country musician)

No comments: